In Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones, the player journeys from a doomed Arkham into the depths of the Abyss. Create your own character based on 1920’s archetypes and carve a path through a broken and
Here’s the STEAM Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/779290/Stygian_Reign_of_the_Old_Ones/
- A hand-drawn 2D world reflecting Lovecraft’s themes of cosmic horror and dread.
- Enemies, environments and storylines inspired by Lovecraft’s iconic original works. Take part in quests inspired by your
favoritestories and see them play out according to your own decisions and role-playing style.
- Choose from 8 main character Archetypes, each with its own origin backstory and
- A host of weird companions will accompany you on your
ill-starred journey: the lonely, antediluvian ‘Outsider’, a fallen soldier of the Great War reanimated by Herbert West. Recruit these and other outlandish beingsto your crew.
- Your character’s Sanity and mental state will influence
dialogue options. Mental illness comes with advantages as well as hindrances. Sometimes it pays to be mad in a world gone mad!
- Stygian’s Belief System determines how your characters cope with
the warpedreality of the new Arkham, as well as the rate at which they regeneratelost Sanity. Belief Systems also offer unique dialogue options, expanding the breadth of role-playing possibilities.
- A new kind of spell system which sometimes takes more than it gives. Being a master of the occult is not as simple as flinging
from your fingertips. The black magic of Stygian is potent coloredmissiles but maycost you your mind, your health, and possibly even much more.
- Strategic, turn-based combat from a 2D perspective, similar to the classic Heroes of Might and Magic games.
- The struggle in Stygian is not to save the world, for that battle is lost already. Pursue your own goals in these end times: salvation, vendetta, or perhaps something darker.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite indie!
We are 1300! What an amazing community 🤎 Thank you very much for all the love, I'm really having fun now creating… https://t.co/DSmfqQATAXFollow