The Story, as we know
A foul curse has fallen upon the land of Cvstodia and all its inhabitants – it is simply known as The Miracle.
Play as The Penitent One – a sole survivor of the massacre of the ‘Silent Sorrow’. Trapped in an endless cycle of death and rebirth, it’s down to you to free the world from this terrible fate and reach the origin of your anguish.
Explore this nightmarish world of twisted
How I will be killed?
The core of Blasphemous is the fast, intense and non-stop action combat. You will fight and slay creatures, each one bigger and more
- Awesome pixel art, featuring very large sprites with smooth animations, entirely created using traditional pixel by pixel, frame by frame techniques.
- Explore a huge, doomed land, a universe that feels open, delivered through a non-sequential level design that puts you in control of where to go next.
- An insane focus on pleasant combat, meticulously crafted so every push of a button delivers a rush of dopamine directly to your brain.
- Blasphemous’ levels tell a story that is challenging to decipher, but very rewarding to those who dare to put all its pieces together.
- Deep progression system with equipable and consumable items: Find your personal combat style by equipping rosary beads, crown thorns, or carrying around relicæ that boost your combat abilities.
- An original game soundtrack by award-winning composer Carlos Viola.